Thursday, August 9, 2012

Couture Cupcakes

Have you noticed how couture cupcakes bakeries are popping up all over the place?  I guess there is just something irresistable about a miniature cake that can be dressed to the nines and packed with all notions of sugary goodness! 

We have a delightful little cupcake shop in our neighborhood and the other day I stopped by to see what all the fuss was about.  After shelling out a cool $26, I walked out the door carrying a lovely pink box with exactly six cupcakes inside.  They were gorgeous, no doubt, but after my family quickly polished them off, it left me wishing that I could make my own.  Of course, such delighful confections take time and skill, but I'd like to give it a try. 

There are a host of books with beautiful cupcake designs  and detailed instructions for recipes and decoration.  The Bake Me I'm Yours cupcake books are a great place to start.  They are a series of small books with full cover pictures and step-by-step instructions, though I have to say, they are not easy for a novice baker like myself.  Zoe Clark's Bake Me I'm Yours... Cupcake Love is my favorite of the series.  Her cupcakes are exquisite and truly a work of art!

Image Credit: Zoe Clark's Bake Me I'm Yours... Cupcake Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment